- Manages and resolves data integrity issues related to Compliance documentation for the transport and distribution of equipment, materials, and goods; used and produced by Tyco. Activities include auditing processes related to materials control and planning; Responsible for auditing Database reporting for LTL shipments.
- Specifically, identifying orders that still require shipping documentation and coordinating with Documentation Team Members to resolve bottlenecks so documentation can be prepared. The process of auditing the reporting and associated results also provides opportunity to give feedback regarding the presentation of the data so improvements to the code and overall process can be made.
- Directly involved in analysis for Audit inquiries from External regulatory bodies. Assisted in identifying pricing adjustments as part of package to be provided to auditors per their request. Example - CBSA audit inquiry for Transfer Pricing.
- Managing Freight Forwarder and Customer relationships
- Directly involved with large Freight Forwarders such as Schenker. Assists in addressing inquiries made by external stakeholders via the Tyco Export mailbox and Sales Force in relation to misdirected shipments, overages/shortages, AES filing, incorrect duties, taxes, and freight charges; Internal Stakeholder relationships directly related to logistics and supply-chain management, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Collaborates with Order Management, Transportation, International Customer Service, and Quality to address issues related to variances between Bill of Ladings, Customer Invoice, Pack List, and Physical weights and dimensions of shipments.
- Involved in completing deliverables for Internal Stakeholders at Atlanta and other Distribution Centers. An example would be processing documentation for shipments originating from the Phoenix DC. Ensures all processes and documentation for products and services are carried out with a focus on effectiveness and efficiency. Coordinates with Supervisor and Manager to carry out process improvements as recommended by leadership or identified through collaboration with stakeholders. Coordination of effort in ensuring Delivery Note is sent to Alvenius customers would be an example.
- Manages projects and creating agendas that support Management and Organizational goals and objectives. Direct involvement and collaboration on projects such as documenting Desk responsibilities and deliverables related to Parcel Shipping Documentation process is an example. Provided guidance to new staff on how to properly document their part of Parcel process based on best practices based on experience in role.
- Providing recommendations to Management regarding best practices and opportunities for cost savings.
- Interactions with Forwarders, Customers, as well as internal stakeholders provide opportunities to evaluate deficiencies in processes as well as identify opportunities. Information is provided on weekly basis as a focus on adding value and improving processes.
- Serving as the first line of communication for internal and external inquiries regarding documentation and processes via Sales Force. Please see prior comments regarding Tyco Export mailbox and Sales Force Communications.
- Complete AES filings using established regulatory guidelines and principles. Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to solve range of issues related to Trade Compliance and industry standards. Draw conclusions from and interpret data to identify inconsistencies in data or expected results. Identify process failures in floor operations that lead to errors in paperwork. An example would be reviewing paperwork to identify mistakes made in preparing paperwork on floor that impacts what is on Shipping documents prepared by Trade Compliance.
- Serves as additional audit of Atlanta DC shipping process based on outputs in terms of documentation. Contribute to completion of specific project milestones. Audit analysis and project collaboration Provide guidance to less experienced professionals. Review processes with less experienced staff and provide guidance as well as communicate bottlenecks and inefficiencies to Management
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Power point, and Word
- Experience with Oracle and Trade Compliance software (Amber Road, Red Prairie)
- Demonstrates strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- University Degree
- Travel - none
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.