Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Support and complete sale and purchase of securities, debt, and other financial instruments in capital markets. Ensure that collateral for assets being bought or sold conforms to corporate, regulatory, and market standards. Price securities being bought or sold in keeping with regulatory and corporate standards and contemporaneous financial market data. Communicate with peer staff in buying or selling institution to coordinate details of purchase and ensure its completion within established parameters and timeframes. Ensure that documentation is sufficiently complete to book sale or purchase and enter into accounting systems. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and enter into appropriate systems documentation for sale/purchase of MBS, derivatives, swaps, or other complex securities.
- Confer with peers in other organizations to clarify terms of pending transaction and ensure that documentation conforms to trade terms and regulatory requirements for specific products.
- Confer with organization staff in legal, trading desk(s), compliance, and internal controls to address all pertinent concerns in preparation of documents associated with pending or executed trade.
- Execute trade assignments and communicate with pertinent trading desk to schedule funding of transaction; communicate with client to confirm amount and timing of anticipated funding.
- Track documentation of pending/completed trade and forward to pertinent manager, trading desk, or business unit for review and to appropriate repository for recording and/or booking transaction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- Keen attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Experience with MBS or Fixed Income products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple/competing priorities.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.