This role will support the CCNA's (Coca-Cola North America) Trade Capabilities group, focused on Trade Promotion Optimization (TPO) and Offer Innovation. An effective Trade Capabilities team assesses historical promotional event performance, aids in the design of new promotions to maximize return on trade spend and household participation, improving retail strategy and customer level price package plans.
Provider of thought leadership necessary to support the development of trade spend and promotion optimization capabilities:
• Trade Promotion Optimization: Primary accountability for developing data-driven insights and key optimization principles to improve effectiveness of promotional offers, providing strategic direction and recommendations within Revenue Growth Management (RGM), Sales, and Commercial/Franchise Leadership
• Offer Innovation: Provide leadership to customer and brand teams to evolve promotional construct and offer messaging to more effectively drive household engagement
• Commercial Insights: Identify key drivers of business results across National and Geographic segments to drive actionable insights for optimizing future trade spend
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure adoption of Trade Capabilities suite of solutions through direct interaction with Sales, RGM, Commercial Leadership, and Franchise teams
• Analyze and translate trends and post-performance results into actionable, clear recommendations for key stakeholders across system to make improved trade spend decisions
• Communication supporting trade insights initiatives across all National Retail Sales regions and Bottling partners
• Dissemination of internal and external information to build compelling stories and direction for both National/HQ view and geographic field teams
• Internal presentations involving high degree of complexity in the materials to drive strategy and direction of trade spend decisions
• Makes decisions around best uses of data and ways to ensure visualization of data drives efficiency and effectiveness amongst key stakeholders
• Develops new processes to ensure insights are relevant and accurate, and embedded in Sales and RGM routines
• Influences system development by stewarding field feedback to Director of Insights for routine and ad hoc enhancements
• Interact with data and TPM teams to understand opportunities to leverage information
• 3 or more years of experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
• Bachelor's degree required
• Ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects and which lead to actionable direction
• Experience in developing Pricing & Promotion strategies
• Strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
• Collaborating with Sales, Revenue Growth Management, and Channel/Category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with all levels of personnel within the organization
• Strong analytical skills - ability to draw insights and actions from data; ability to develop volumetric & financial models that can accommodate multiple inputs from diverse data sources and be used for scenario planning
• 5 or more years of experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
• Experience with price/package/promotion plan development & analytics
• Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders; aligning senior executives with differing perspectives
• Experience in developing business plans/business cases
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.