COCA-COLA NORTH AMERICA GROUP
As a global icon and keeper of the world's most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola North America Group.
From the first delicious, refreshing, invigorating drop of Coca-Cola® served more than 120 years ago to our broad portfolio of beverage products, the goal has been simple -- To Refresh. But as our products grow and our brands multiply, our Mission, Vision, and Values are taking shape and escalating our people and our organization to the next level. Globally, we currently offer more than 3,300 sparkling and still beverage products, including juices and juice drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, teas, coffees, and water. Come explore all the things you didn't know about us!! Taste the life at Coca-Cola North America Group.
This role will support the implementation of CCNA's (Coca-Cola North America) Trade Promotion Optimization (TPO) capability with our Drug/Value customers. An effective TPO process evaluates historical promotional event performance, and aids in the design of new promotions to maximize return on trade investment and improves predictive capabilities.
- Drive thought leadership necessary to evolve CCNA's trade spend strategies by supporting the development of insights and the implementation of optimization principles with customers and sales teams
- Trade Promotion application deployment: Lead successful deployment of trade insights to key user groups within RGM (Revenue Growth Management) and surrounding organization; create processes to embed TPO insights as a resource to our customers
- Trade Spend Capability development: Provide leadership as the subject matter expert on Trade Spend Optimization to our internal/external partners
- Strategic Planning: Identify and embed insights to impact annual retail plans as well as supporting longer term strategic direction
- Trade Promotion Insights: Create post event analysis to address key trade promotion issues and provide strategic recommendations for course correction
- Promotional Acceleration Spend deployment: Identify opportunities and lead analysis to develop acceleration investment recommendations as well as ongoing process management and improvement
- Lead deployment and increase adoption of trade strategy insights to key user groups including Planning and Performance Managers, RGM Leads, Category RGM teams, and Sales
- Develop and deliver training to support this deployment
- Provide feedback and input from users for overall process improvement and application enhancements
- Provide key issue identification and prioritization recommendations to inform CCNA's current and multi-year retail promotional strategies
- Provide analysis and solution recommendations using TPO tools and advanced data analysis (e.g. shopper card data)
- Develop post-promotion analysis for key trade events in order to provide System insight into commercial strategy and investment decisions.
- Embed insights and optimization strategies into annual plans in partnership with RGM and Sales
Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other graduate degree preferred PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- 3 or more years of experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Experienced in developing Pricing & Promotion structures for CPG products
- Experience in developing business plans / business cases; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Working understanding of P&L levers and value chain modeling
- Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders; aligning senior execs w/ differing perspectives
- Experience collaborating with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing a wide variety of stakeholders; effective communication and relationship building at all organizational levels
- 5 or more years of experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Experience in CBU, Region or Customer Team Business Development role; Customer/Sales management experience
- Extremely strong analytical skills - ability to draw insights and actions from data; ability to develop volumetric & financial models that can accommodate multiple inputs from diverse data sources and be used for scenario planning
- Extensive experience with price/package/promotion plan development & analytics
- Ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects and which lead to actionable direction within the marketplace
Working knowledge of key data systems: planning tools (e.g. AIP, Scenario Builder, Price Simulator), syndicated marketplace information & data (e.g., Nielsen); forecasting systems KAEP, UFP); internal financial & sales reporting, internal performance management & execution metrics (e.g., RED - Right Execution Daily
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.