- Manage the trademark and copyright portfolio, including instructing outside counsel on strategic filing decisions, oppositions, and performing clearance searches.
- Carry out TM/Brand enforcement, including drafting C&Ds, and working with outside counsel as necessary.
- Draft, review and negotiate IP licensing agreements such as TM license agreements, copyright license agreements, releases, and marketing vendor services agreements.
- Advise and counsel clients on all issues related to global marketing and advertising programs, including reviewing marketing content and providing feedback to internal clients, with proven success and experience with balancing legal risk with business objectives.
- Provide client education and training on relevant legal issues, develop processes and forms to support business marketing needs and efficiencies.
- Interface with senior level management to provide strategic trademark and marketing guidance and counseling.
- Advise and consult with all levels of the organization including senior leadership to identify critical legal issues, assess potential legal options, and provide individuals and teams with an analysis and range of possible legal solutions.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.