The Johnson & Johnson Legal team is currently recruiting for a Trademark Docket Associate
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
As a member of the Johnson & Johnson Legal team, the Trademark Docket Associate’s main responsibilities include:
- Review and process trademark correspondence and documents from overseas counsel in adherence to strict deadlines.
- Coordinate and timely enter and remove items in an electronic trademark database.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of clerical tasks and performing other essential duties.
- May require irregular hours and may occasionally require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Additional projects may be assigned on an ad hoc basis.
- Communicate and work effectively with all levels of company management, attorneys, paralegals, IP Information Management team, and internal and external resources.
- Demonstrate ability to proactively and independently carry out aforementioned activities while producing excellent work-product and managing a substantial workload.
- Exhibit commitment to the IP Law Department through active participation in departmental initiatives, committees and projects.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Associates degree or Paralegal Certificate is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of international trademark docketing experience is required
- Working knowledge of: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and a Trademark Docketing System is required.
- Self-starter with ability to organize and manage heavy workload essential, including flexibility to assist in assigned projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Must be industrious, efficient and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to compose correspondence with minimal supervision.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.