Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
NA Commodities OTC Trade Support role responsible for the settlement of structured deals and reconciliation of physical inventory, collateral management for complex margin arrangements, supporting the New Product Approval process, regulatory reporting for Power/Gas/Oil businesses, and other various trade support responsibilities. The Associate role will be an integral part of managing risk for the fixed income operations group on a daily basis. This position will include:
- Understands risk implications of fixed income operations role
- Ensures all functions and procedures are preformed in a timely and correct manner
- Work with trading desk, sales, legal, compliance, IT and other operations group to ensure issues/concerns are mitigated
- Cross-training with other team members
- Assist on any issues, and provides timely escalation to desk and operations management.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial java experience.
- Need to have worked on distributed Java applications, in a service based architecture,
- Need to demonstrate in-depth understanding of OO principles, design patterns and threading techniques.
- ANSI SQL knowledge is required. Sybase knowledge is highly desirable. Investment banking background is not essential, however, ability to work within tight deadlines and dynamic environment is.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.