Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
This role will be responsible for improving the efficiency of daily processing; managing and improving the service delivery working with the CTB and IT teams; and delivery of improvements to the infrastructure and processes. This individual will work with stakeholders across the Operations, Projects and IT teams within the FID Securities Operations space. Business Analyst is expected to own and drive distinct components of the overall solution. They need to be hands-on in terms of the detail and be able to communicate risks and issues to the project manager and stakeholders to ensure timely delivery.
Other Responsibilities also include:
- Responsible for leading the analysis and requirements gathering
- Identify and resolve requirement conflicts
- Create and maintain project documentation such as BRDs, test plans and training documentation
- Liaise with technical teams to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Effectively use tools such as Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, and SnagIt to present information and facilitate decision making by project participants.
- Conduct Working Groups and Stakeholder Updates as needed
- Previous BA, QA or UAT experience preferred
- Experience gathering requirements, writing and delivering formal documents preferred
- Familiarity with the Fixed Income trade life cycle preferred
- Experience liaising with technology groups to provide feedback on testing issues preferred
- Ability to build relationships and articulate key messages succinctly and effectively through verbal and written communications
- Microsoft Tools: competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.