Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations
Within Operations, sits Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations which encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
The role is within the Credit Derivative Trade Support Group (CRD TSG) which sits within Trading Operations. CRD TSG are responsible for all Credit Derivatives traded across North America. The role is to lead the a team within CRD TSG that supports derivative trading by the Securitized Product Group (SGP), Global Securitized Products (GSP) and Derivative Structured Products (DSP) trading desks. The product range covers Credit Derivative Swaps (CDS) on Commercial Mortgage Back Indexes (CMBX) and Asset Backed Security indexes (ABX), Total Return Swaps (TRS). It is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be exposed to a very steep learning curve and gives all individuals the opportunity to develop a meaningful career within Operations.
- As the lead of team of 3 you will be working closely with the Trading and Sales to provide the first level of control.
- You will be responsible in ensuring that the trade bookings are correctly reflected in the trading risk systems and tie out with the Counterparty.
- You will be ensuring that all trades are booked and confirmed as intended by checking the Trading system verses internal MS systems, liaising with Trading, Sales, Brokers or the Counterparty directly.
- You will be the intermediary between the Trading desk and other areas of the Bank. Controllers, Settlements and Confirmations areas will come to you to discuss and resolve issues to ensure that breaks are resolved effectively.
- You will be responsible for ensuring current controls are enforced, manage critical projects or process improvements with IT and Projects Groups.
- You will be able to analyze and break down ambiguous or complex issues into concrete deliverables and takes responsibility for ensuring deliverables are meet.
- Will effectively manages the control environment by balancing risk with commercial opportunities.
- Develops and provides management and supervisory oversight of the processes conducted by the team.
- Provide training and direction to other specialists
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years of experience in the financial industry
- Strong risk management and control mindset.
- Individual needs to be performance-driven, proactive, with proven ability to take on challenges, set and execute agenda. Candidate should be a dynamic self-starter with the ability to work either on their own initiative as well as be a solid team player with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to evaluate and identify areas of risk across the organization. Identify and implement best practices and in some cases help shape the risk and project agenda.
- A willingness to engage in a wide range of issues at all levels of detail will be vital.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible to changing priorities and demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across all levels. Ability to confidently face off to senior management across divisions
- Good interpersonal skills to build cross-divisional relationships; gain support and respect from key stakeholders (Business Unit, Operations, FCG , Legal & Compliance)
- Good project and modelling skills to represent information in graphical forms that enhance decision-making and communications
- Ability to multi-task in a high intensity environment
- Ability to deliver on plans, complete next steps and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Excel
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.