This individual will be responsible for core traffic center and GES dispatching duties. This role requires strong attendance history, effective problem solving and the ability to work closely with the Logistics Team and other administrators to ensure execution of traffic & GES operations. This individual will also be responsible for other duties to include order processing, daily communication/conference calls with the HQ Net Ops team and local transportation team, as well as executing cross functional Run Right Venues. Other key Accountabilities
- Execute order processing and cleansing for pick center
- Support Traffic optimization and dynamic routing process
- Interface daily with shipping/GES team, OTR drivers, Fleet team, and Sales team to ensure we have on-time deliveries to our customers.
- Take calls and resolve delivery or dispatch issues, order changes, and ship date delays.
- Award, post and communicate OTR board run assignments to OTR drivers.
- Tender loads to drivers based on their bids and seniority.
- Assign loads as necessary to cover all runs on the board.
- Make crewing decisions to ensure driver availability and coverage of runs
- Adjust delivery sequences in the Dispatch Planning System as necessary.
- Maintain the Dispatch Tracker (Dispatch timeliness, On-time delivery; Return timeliness, Tractors that need PM service, changes made to runs, etc.)
- Participate and lead Run Right Venues between traffic, warehouse, and co-packers to ensure key performance indicators are on target.
- Provide input to the Logistics Team on managing Traffic Center cost to include empty miles reduction, equipment & driver utilization, and networking efficiencies.
- Make value-added decisions to ensure World Class Service to Sales.
Performing other administrative duties as assigned Qualifications/Requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Possess or gain a full understanding of current DOT Hours of Service regulations
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Dispatcher experience preferred
- Must be able to work between the hours of ~7:30AM - 7:30PM (Sunday - Wednesday)
- Crewing requirements for 12 hr. schedules may necessitate additional coverage responsibilities and additional guidelines for vacations.
- Hours of Work : 7:30PM - 7:30AM (1:30AM - 7:30AM Thursday) - (3) 12's & 6 hour schedule
- Work Days : Thursday - Saturday - 3 rd Shift
- 3-5 years of Business, Logistics/Transportation or Supply Chain experience.
- Ability to navigate and perform work in SAP.
- Trained in Dispatch Planning System (DPS)
- Trained in PeopleNet Fleet Manager.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.