This position is primarily responsible for facilitating Instructor Led Trainings (ILT) including Shire's New Hire GMP Orientation and Qualified Trainer Programs. This role will also support the development of training materials and curricula for broad scope/cross functional/global training programs.
40%: Delivery of training (includes but not limited to New hire GMP, Trainer Qualification, Train the Trainer on newly developed materials). This includes preparation of materials and assisting with creation of the schedule.
40%: Develops and implements training:
• Researches and consults with SMEs/BPOs and department management to understand their requirements/needs to determine training/design strategy for broad scope/cross functional/global training programs. Designs, develops, implements and maintains the associated training materials.
• Work with Subject Matter Experts to gather content
• Participates in project meetings- project kickoff, review sessions, sign-off, follow-up, etc.
• Completes tasks per applicable SOPs and within Shire's Electronic Data Management Systems (EDMS) to collaborate and approve SOPs as the Training representative
• Partners with Training & Development group to make curricula assignments
• Assists with the evaluation of existing training programs/materials and improvements.
• Assists with the sourcing/evaluation of vendor and off the shelf content (as applicable)
• Provides guidance on Tech Ops training material/SOP requirements and reviews and approves content.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Education and experience culminating in a BS/BA or equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years' experience
• Industry/GMP experience preferred
Other Job Requirements:
May require some travel.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.