Licensed Athletic Trainer- Full Time
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued. Overland Park Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for an Athletic Trainer - Licensed. Responsibilities:
- Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the Sports Injury Coordinator and in accordance with state athletic training practice act.
- Provide athletic training services for club sports teams/tournaments as directed by Supervisor.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, athletes, coaches and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries and treatments provided.
- Educate parents/athletes/coaches on sports injury prevention and management as indicated.
Bachelors' degree, prefer MS/MEd degreeLicensure
: Kansas ATC License, BLS and NATABOC certification required.Additional Requirements:
- Decision-making skills to make treatment assessments based on quick injury evaluation.
- The ability to analyze injuries and convert data into meaningful medical chart reports.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing. The athletic trainer will interact with management, doctors, professional staff, patients, general public and local schools and sports teams
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom