Job Location: United States : Bloomfield : Connecticut
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will assess learning needs, design curricula, and develop instructional materials to meet business goals of improving service quality, production output / volume within processing units, and/or facilitating the ease of doing business.
- Researches and evaluates detailed training requirements from business customers.
- Designs and develops comprehensive curricula, training programs, and instructional materials, including instructor-led programs (group) or individual training.
- Delivers training either in a classroom setting or through on-the-job coaching.
- Develops metrics to assess effectiveness of training.
- Develops and maintains procedure manuals or databases to reinforce training or to provide future assistance.
- Programs developed may focus on transactions related to claims, new business applications, service transactions for existing products, and/or the use of propriety systems applications.
- Acts as an experienced level subject matter expert in business instruction.
- Independently manages complex business instruction projects from initial stages of learning gap assessment to final instruction delivery and participant evaluation.
- Uses expertise to facilitate training sessions in difficult situations by applying concepts of instructional design and adult learning methods.
- Uses instructional methodology and technologies to deliver instruction to different audiences varying from transactional processing associates to sales agents and independent sales brokers.
- Instructs on new products, procedures, or processes, new systems, and/ or systems enhancements.
- Participates in systems rollouts or in new product implementation programs.
- Evaluates progress of participants, monitors effectiveness of instructional programs and materials, develops metrics, and prepares reports.
May provide guidance to junior staff members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in claims.
- 5+ years of experience in training.
- Working knowledge of FMLA/Disability/Leave procedures.
Operations : Training
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 40881
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.