If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions - join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Training Coordinator in Gaithersburg MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Responsible for coordinating training and standards activities in support of Scientific and Compliance training and Standards for MedImmune R&D. Works with the training teams in support of development and execution of MedImmune training curriculum. Works under general supervision to manage and prioritize workload to ensure deliverables are high quality and completed on time.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinates the training projects and timelines to ensure that courses are delivered as scheduled with appropriate rooms and materials.
Coordinates New Hire Orientation
Classroom and Lunch & Learn Set-Up
Maintains Training Calendar
Interfaces with Training Vendors
Serves as the first line of contact in response to external and internal queries regarding MedImmune R&D Scientific and Compliance Training and Standards.
Accurately maintains data in the online training catalog and SABA Cloud in a timely manner.
Manages centralized department mailbox for triaging requests and forwards to appropriate team members to assure timely responses to customer queries.
Initiates and manages contracts, invoices, and travel expenses as appropriate.
Compiles information/creates reports on training and standards as requested by the team.
Supports the instructional development process by participating in meetings and providing timelines and action items, as appropriate.
Assists with development of training materials as needed.
Assists with the testing of learning technologies as requested.
Assists with additional tasks, as needed.
• Requires high school degree and relevant work experience
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Requires 2+ years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment; proficiency working with database systems and cross-functional teams strongly recommended.
• Skill in time management, organization, and maintaining confidentiality; attention to detail and follow-up essential.
• Ability to work collaboratively, to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion, working in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated flexibility/willingness to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
• Familiarity with budget tracking and travel and expense reporting strongly preferred.
• Relevant pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry/communications experience preferred.
• Relevant training experience preferred.
• Familiarity with the drug development process desirable.
• Familiarity with scientific/medical terminology a plus.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) essential.
• Knowledge of learning management systems a plus.
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca