Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is investing in our shared future. Our Human Resources department is charged with providing the leadership, expertise and resources to ensure our associates are perpetually growing and developing in their careers with us. In this role, we’ll train you to train others. You’ll develop, manage, implement and administer all training efforts for associates at our Edmond, OK factory. Although you’re part of Human Resources, you touch every other functional area on the manufacturing side of our business. Your previous HR experience and leadership skills will serve you well in your ability to structure job and vendor/contractor training, organize development for supervisors and sharply focus on Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE). As you develop into this unique role, you’ll leave a large paw print on Purina by creating the fundamentals of a lasting training program at this growing factory.
Our factory in Edmond, OK is located just 10 miles from downtown Oklahoma City. Having served as a production facility for over 40 years in this area as producers of Dog Chow, Puppy Chow, Beneful and Purina ONE brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
- The Training Manager will ensure strategic alignment across the plant for all necessary and required training needs related to compliance training, technical and skills training, leadership development, policy/regulatory training, etc.
- Develop and organize a program of practical and technical instruction, design teaching outlines and determine instructional methods that can be done in a timely manner
- Manage a team of 3 training coordinators, selected SME’s, vendors and other resources to accomplish the job.
- Develop and maintain record keeping system that provides relevant information concerning training content, activities, attendance and evaluations
- Responsible for leading factory Education and Training pillar with delivery of tools, methodology training, coaching and assessment
- Work with HR Manager and other department managers to plan and forecast training needs and manage budget for Training Department.
- Provide direction to and partner with Human Resources Coordinator to further develop existing training programs
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- 3+ years of experience developing and executing site or company technical and/or behavior training programs in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
LI- Purina JB-1
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.