Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 75,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 77 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the incumbent is responsible for managing company training initiatives by partnering with subject matter experts, line and executive management staff and corporate training leaders to identify training needs, develop and conduct training courses and capture training records using Airgas University.
We are looking for a Training Specialist who:
• Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc's health and safety guidelines.
• Works with management and field to assess training needs, make training recommendations and develop training curriculums to fit those needs. Communicate annual training plans for review and approval.
• Develops and communicates strategic training plan, provide quarterly training updates to selected group.
• Where able design instructional material.
• Delivers various learning methodologies (i.e. webinars, instructor led programs, etc.).
• Modifies training programs as needed.
• Evaluates training effectiveness.
• Responsible for initiating new associate training in the company ensuring it reflects both company wide and position specific curriculum for operations and non-operations based positions as well as management and non-management.
• Responsible for assigning, tracking and reporting of specific training (i.e. Code of Ethics, Workplace Harassment, new hire curriculums, etc.) in Airgas University.
• Where applicable provide train the trainer training.
• Travel when and where necessary to deliver training.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Post secondary education equivalent to one year of Business Management or equivalent preferred.
• Greater than five years related working experience.
• 2-4 years training experience. Delivering and developing training programs
• Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding applications and equipment an asset.
• Knowledge of adult learning theory and evaluation techniques including needs assessment; development and design of training materials.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills including the ability to effectively present and discuss information and respond to questions from employees and managers.
• Experience working in a computerized office environment, proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and especially Power Point.
• Exceptional public speaking skills.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
• Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone
Red-D-Arc would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.