Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 75,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 77 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Primarily responsible for managing company training initiatives by partnering with subject matter experts, line and executive management staff and corporate training leaders to identify training needs; develop and conduct training courses and capture training records using Airgas University. At least 50% of the employees time will be spent delivering instructor led training programs, the balance of the time to be implementing the annual training plan and talent management initiatives.
• Work with management and field to assess training needs, make training recommendations and develop training curriculums to fit those needs. Communicate annual training plans and budget for review and approval.
• Develop and communicate strategic training plan, provide quarterly training updates to selected group.
• Design instructional material and training classes for some subjects; identify, hire and certify third party contractors for other subject areas.
• Deliver various learning methodologies (i.e. webinars, instructor led programs, on-line, etc.).
• Coordinate RDA train-the-trainer resources to assist in training delivery
• Evaluate training effectiveness.
• Responsible for initiating new associate training in the company ensuring it reflects both company wide and position specific curriculum for operations and non-operations based positions as well as management and non-management.
• Administrator for the Learning Management System (LMS) - create sessions and events, assigning training, fielding LMS questions, tracking and reporting of specific training (i.e. Code of Ethics, Workplace Harassment, new hire curriculums, etc.) in Airgas University.
• Travel when and where necessary to deliver training.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Post secondary education equivalent to one year of Business Management or equivalent preferred.
• Greater than five years related working experience.
• 2-4 years training experience. Delivering and developing training programs
• Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding applications and equipment an asset.
• Knowledge of adult learning theory and evaluation techniques including needs assessment; development and design of training materials.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills including the ability to effectively present and discuss information and respond to questions from employees and managers.
• Experience working in a computerized office environment, proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and especially Power Point.
• Exceptional public speaking skills.
• Proficiency with Authoring Tools (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, ETC) strongly desired
• Strong presentation skills
Red-D-Arc would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.