Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations. Operations Risk and Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations.
Acting as a line of defense, transactions screening ensures payments made & received to Morgan Stanley are not facilitating transactions with any OFAC sanctioned countries, entities, or individuals. The role & responsibilities of this professional will be to ensure efficient identification and monitoring of transactions in the Bank and ensure timely escalation & reporting of potential true hits to the Global Financial Crimes [GFC] team.
- Investigate and asses exceptions alerts for potential money laundering risks in the Bank
- Ensure effective identification and escalation of potential true hits
- Daily monitor of exceptions queue and ensure all payments are actioned before the currency cutoff
- Communicate with business units & GFC team for clearance of exceptions
- Ensure timely, efficient reporting of daily & MIS
- Identify, communicate and remediate process breakdowns and best practices
- Create and deliver reporting on process effectiveness to leadership team
- Establish working & effective relationships with global teams
- Ensuring documentation and standard operating procedures are up to date with all relevant approvals in place
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies and procedures
- Assist leadership team as needed
- Solid understanding of common money laundering schemes as well as the regulatory environment
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to apply sound reasoning when delivering services
- Possess strong analytical / reasoning skills
- Has the ability to effectively handle a fast paced environment and successfully meet established deadline requirements
- Be self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently
- Has the ability to use various PC, MS Office and internet applications and tools to support day to day processes
- Be able to handle highly confidential information professionally and with appropriate discretion
- Up to 4 years of corporate intelligence, due diligence, and/or operations experience in the financial or professional services industries preferred
- CAMS certified
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.