GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Transactional Regional Manager
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
The Transactional Regional Manager will support all non-CSA (Contractual Service Agreement) Sites. This role will require up to 75% travel within the designated region. The Transactional Regional Manager will support warranty activities, transactional sales opportunities and all other noncontract service site activities.
As the Transactional Regional Manager, you will:
• Support staffing for all warranty activities on CSA sites where there is no GE presence
• Support the transactional sales team as subject matter expert in terms of contract execution
• Create and approve purchase orders for material and 3rd party suppliers
• Present a positive professional face of GE to the sites where GE doesn't have a presence
• Work within a matrixed environment
• Order tooling, material and labor via various GE systems to execute transactional sales within the region
• Schedule labor and resources to align with business and customer needs
• Work closely with internal GE users to track finances as related to the work being performed within the region
• Be the first line of communication during any warranty or transactional sales job with local customer
• Cover site manager vacancies as required
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field services leadership role)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a field services managerial role
• Ability and willingness to travel 75% of
the time within the designated region
• Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license and willingness to submit to a check of driving record
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and within all levels of the organization
• Executive presentation skills
• Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
• Previous managerial experience with field operations or as a Wind Site Manager
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent quality certification
• Wind turbine or rotating equipment experience
• Experience with field service technology and processes
• Knowledge of network infrastructure, communication protocols and WEB technology
• Proven record of P&L (Profit & Loss) responsibilities and direct report experience of 5 employees
• Strong analytical capabilities and ability to thrive in cross functional and team environments
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to work in team
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.