TriStar Transfer Center - Madison, TN
The TriStar Transfer Center
offers local healthcare providers a single point of access to quickly and effectively facilitate the transfer of patients to a TriStar Health facility. TriStar's Transfer Center
is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Transfer Coordinator
to work PRN/As Needed
. Must be able to work night shifts, 7:00 pm - 7:00 am. and 3:00 pm - 3:00 am or evening shift, 12:00 pm - 12:00 am.
The purpose of this position is to facilitate requests for patient transfers in/out of the TRISTAR HEALTH
facilities. The Registered Nurse Transfer Coordinator is expected to work closely with other team members at the Transfer Center and the Physicians, Nurse and Administrators to ensure that the transfer requests are managed appropriately.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information. Facilitation of the patient transfers to the appropriate facility based on patient preference, services required geography, facility capacity/capability, and obtaining appropriate medical and administrative approvals.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources demonstrating understanding of program requirements and call receiving protocols, and routing of calls for discussion/action with the appropriate physicians and facilities to verify patient acceptance, relay information concerning the medical condition of the patient and the estimated time of arrival, to prepare physicians and facilities to receive patients.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admission.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure exceptional consumer experience.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns, escalate when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge and relationships of hospitals' medical staff, services, and special programs (RN's, Case Management, House Supervisor, ED physician's, Hospitalist and Specialists).
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Exhibit and model exceptional customer relationship behaviors, including telephone and personal contact with all of the customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, and fellow employees).
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement."
- Required to maintain records and detail communications logs via computer documentation according to HCA TriStar Division Policy/Procedure in the software application provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training / License / Certifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing; BSN preferred
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee
- Current CPR Certification
- Must have an understanding of EMTALA in order to identify possible issues or violations.
- Ability to multitask and work with several software and phone systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, customer service oriented
- As ability to function calmly in stressful situations
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making.
- Ability to relate well in a diverse group, articulate concerns, and negotiate solutions among multi-disciplinary clinicians
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Apply Online Today to join this great Transfer Center Team!
- Transfer Center experience preferred
- Three years of related clinical experience in an acute care setting (ED or Critical Care) preferred
66B- Public Health Nurse
66C - Psychiatric/Behavior Health Nurse
66E - Operating Room Nurse
66H - Medical Surgical Nurse
66N - Nurse, Generalist
66P - Family Nurse Practitioner
66R - Psychiatric/Behavior Health Nurse Practitioner
66W - Certified Nurse
Air Force AFSC
46AX - Nurse Administrator
46FX - Flight Nurse
46GX - Nurse-Midwife
46MX - Nurse Anesthetist
46NX - Clinical Nurse
46PX - Mental Health Nurse
46SX - Operating Room Nurse
46YX - Privileged Advanced Practice Nurse
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom