Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
ob Title: Transitions Data Lead II (Conversions Analyst)
Location: Charlotte, Denver, NYC
Series 6 required within 90 days of Hire
As part of the Client Onboarding Implementation Team, working with the Transition Manager, Relationship Manager and Client, the Data Lead determines data requirements for the setup of a variety of core, outsourced recordkeeping and administrative services, how to transport data onto the TIAA platform and ensure plan setup is in accordance to the client’s plan design. Acts as central coordination point for the plan sponsor’s payroll sources and prior vendor(s) data in relation to asset transfers. Internal coordination with product, IT, marketing and the sales team and external coordination with the plan sponsor and payroll vendors. Serves as senior subject matter expert on an implementation team that focus on asset takeovers, custom solutions and complex client outsourced recordkeeping and administrative service implementations.
Assist in file testing/validation and file transfer setup. Define and document system setup for each client’s plan/product/source design. Coordinate internally with product, IT, marketing and the sales team and externally with the plan sponsor and payroll vendors. Serves as the lead for client data on implementations assigned. Supports the cross functional team led by the TM. Identifies issues, risk, and action items related to data, works collaboratively with IT and payroll staff at client
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Candidate should have a proficient level of knowledge of all services and products offered by TIAA-CREF, with a firm understanding of 401a, 401k, 403b and 457b IRC sections plans offered by TIAA-CREF and by our competitors.
• In conjunction with the Transition Manager, acts as central point of contact for client leadership during the Planning, Implementation, and Post-implementation project phases.
• Responsible for integrated TIAA product and service implementations, client data management, client file interface establishment and testing as well as consulting with client benefit and IT leadership on new business process and best practices during the Implementation process.
• Manage a book of implementations in coordination with Transition Managers and Marketing.
• Assigned to special/unique/high profile projects with firm wide scope requiring specialized knowledge and experience.
• Will work on complex implementations to include (but not limited to) Compliance Coordinator, Deconversions- non mappable, Negative Enrollments, Bulk Enrollment, New Fund to the Platform (work with PMS and Mutual Fund Ops), Creation of Plan Sponsor Fee Disclosures, Complete Brokerage Template, Asset Takeovers, Plan MergersTakeover, Plan Merge Analysis, Create Mapping Matrix, VSAM Validation, Vesting (Admin and Basic), Bulk Cross Contract TransfersComplete TSV Application, OSDA (Basic and Feedback), Fund Lineup Change w/Mapping, Revenue Credit Account Set up, and implementations with multivendor files.
• Ensure the traceability of individual data requirements and adherence to the defined requirements.
• Collaborates with Sales, Marketing, Technology production and development teams, Compliance and Administration stakeholders to facilitate the implementation process.
• Leads Implementation/ Discovery Meetings with client and third party vendors to structure project plans, communications, processes and client training.
• Works closely with Client (plan sponsor, benefits manager, or payroll contact and/or IT departments), Sales, Relationship Managers, Client Service Consultants, Call Center, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, Product, IT and implementation team.
• Partners with his/her manager, team and internal business partners to determine ultimate solutions for data transfer for each new client/and or product being on-boarded
• Mentoring, coaching and training other DL1s and 2s
• Some travel may be required
• 3+ years Implementations experience and 3+ years of retirement industry product knowledge or 5+ years of implementation experience and 3+ years of retirement industry product knowledge
• 1 or more years of Third Party Administration (TPA), Defined Contribution & Defined Benefit experience
• 1 or more years of Plan Administration – Experience with plan documents, plan design, recordkeeping agreements, and recordkeeping services (including Eligibility, Vesting, and Compliance Limits Monitoring)
• 1 year or more of QA/BA Testing experience
• 1 year or more of Payroll processing knowledge (including PeopleSoft and Banner)
• 2+ years of Excel experience is required
Highly Preferred qualifications:
• 5+ years of retirement industry product knowledge
• Systems experience in Siebel, Omni Suite, Microsoft Suite of Applications, Access, Plan Rules, PRISM, Omni trade strongly preferred.
• Ability to lead, motivate and collaborate with associates at all levels throughout the organization
• Ability to balance multiple demands and competing priorities
• Proficient level of knowledge of all services and products offered by TIAA, with a firm understanding of 401a, 401k,403b and 457b IRC sections plans offered by TIAA and by our competitors
• Excellent communication, analytical, strategic, negotiation, problem solving and consulting skills.
• Superior interpersonal, negotiating, networking and listening skills are a must
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.