Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.Description
Perform research and development experiments for projects and products in collaboration with others; to use professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways; to assist in the investigation, creation and development of new methods and technologies for project advancement; and to support the preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Projects require knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories in appropriate technical and/or scientific area(s), the implementation of a broad array of scientific techniques and a significant degree of independence.
- Maintain scientific awareness of overall developments in the field of oncology drug development based on current literature and application of new technologies and experimental techniques
- Contribute to scientific literature and conferences, internal reports, documents and communications including the writing and/or creation of abstracts, peer-reviewed journal articles, poster presentations, and marketing materials
- Support the maintenance and operational standards of laboratory equipment. Significantly involved in the evaluation and validation of new laboratory instruments including IQ/OQ/PQ documentation.
- Development of new and existing experimental techniques including the design and execution of validation protocols and reports, as necessary
- Execute scientific experiments and methods with minimal supervision including devising short and long-term experimental goals and trouble-shooting strategies
- Provide and disseminate meaningful data analysis and interpretation, including statistical analysis, of experimental findings in acceptable laboratory formats.
- Provide project updates/reports of pre-clinical discovery deliverables to project manager, as requested
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of pre-clinical discovery deliverables to clients
- Maintain laboratory notebooks under GLP compliancy and follow all appropriate laboratory and company SOPs. May review laboratory notebooks.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level and new staff as required.
- Sound knowledge of human cellular or molecular biology concepts and experimental techniques as it pertains to cancer or other human diseases
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including statistical analysis of data), PowerPoint, Word and all other computer programs that support experimental instruments and data analyses
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Effective communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
- Ability to write scientific and technical documents for internal communications
- Ability to work closely with multiple departments and to contribute in multi-disciplinary discussions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients
- Ability to maintain a high degree of independence and motivation needed to complete assigned tasks and projects
Bachelor's Degree or educational equivalent in cell biology, molecular biology, cancer biology, pharmacology or related field with 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
- Position requires extensive use of the telephone and face-to-face communications, which requires the accurate perception of speech.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. may be required.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting and standing for extended periods of time
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.