The Transmission Analyst is responsible for applying available generation, transmission and bidding information then running power flow models to determine probable locations, durations and causes of transmission limitations that result in transmission congestion. The Analyst supports the power basis management process in one of Constellations key regions. The individual works with business experts within the commercial team to implement power basis management trading strategies most likely to result in maximum profit potential given the firms portfolio of generation and contractual obligations.
Please note this position can be filled at the E03 Level.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the analysis required to develop strategies that increase corporate margin through optimization of Constellation energy portfolio through the power basis management process.
- Support the analysis to develop and implement short-term transmission purchasing and management strategies in conjunction with the regional portfolio strategy teams.
- Monitors new marketplace structures and regulations for potential transmission impacts on transactional opportunities.
- Provide short-term transmission views and produce daily reports summarizing views.
- Initiates process improvement recommendations.
- Undergraduate engineering degree related to power system engineering, business administration or equivalent experience.
- Graduate level engineering degree, MBA or advanced degree-preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in engineering or power transmission
- Experience using transmission power flow software with emphasis in southeast region - TVA, Southern Company, Georgia Transmission, FRCC, MISO south (Entergy) and SPP.
- Experience and knowledge of OASIS, OATT and transmission service request study methods.
- Applied statistical knowledge and strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of North American regional market infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate complex study results into usable business data.
- Self-motivated to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with ISO operations.