The Product Development Business Analyst has the primary responsibility for translating the features defined by Product Owners into functional and technical requirements that can be developed and integrated intoour technology offerings. In addition, the Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying and recommending new products / product features in collaboration with various internal partners (project teams, sales organization, and support teams).Responsibilities
- Drives pre-release planning process to ensure sufficient information is available for product teams prior to release planning
- Collaborates with stakeholders and product teams to decompose features into functional and non-functional specifications that can be understood and approved by members of the development team.
- Assists in the execution/analysis of integration, user acceptance and performance testing
- Develops, maintains and demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all products
- Responsible for the following deliverables throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC):
- Wireframes and functional specifications (Requirements Phase)
- Training materials, release notes, and product manuals (Release Phase)
- Conducts internal training sessions with Polaris consultants to ensure project teams are well versed on existing and new products and product features
- Builds trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop rapport with technical and non-technical team members
- 1-2 years' experience in software development (packaged or custom)
- Strong knowledge of SDLC (software development life-cycle)
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering sessions and writing technical requirements for applications (preferably healthcare applications)
- Experience with wireframe prototype tools (e.g., Axure) is preferred.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to facilitate cross- functional project team collaboration
- Ability to navigate within a fast-paced dynamic environment with high degrees of ambiguity and change
- Superior communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences and all levels of the organization
- Specific technologies (preferred, not required): ASP.NET, SQL, Java, Windows Architecture [IIS, Windows Server], Microsoft Office Expertise, SAP/Oracle Apps
- Experience or knowledge of pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Ability to analyze complex information and translate into concise, readable, unambiguous language
- Ability to promote process improvement
- Experience with full life cycle system implementations (requirements, build, testing, training)