This position is responsible for balancing the daily transportation operations requirements; requesting carrier rates, uploading rates into the Transportation Management System, locating carrier capacity to support the Vendor to DC and DC to Store business requirements, running focused bids to support new transportation lanes and analytical projects focused on analyzing transportation methods and procedures to efficiently deliver products, based on the evaluation of carriers, freight rates, capacity balance, freight benchmarking, freight flow (transit time / congestion), regulatory review and industry analysis.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Rates and Bids - Responsible for requesting and analyzing all domestic rates and bid requests with carriers.
- Carrier Rate Database - Manages the carrier rate database in TMS: insuring its accuracy, entering new rates, expiring old rates, and conducting rate increases.
- Benchmarking - Analyzes current rates, rate requests, and bids with benchmarking data to determine areas for cost savings opportunities.
- Best Cost to Serve - Continues to strive for ways to improve service and reduce costs.
- Analysis and Reporting - Support cross-functional teams through project support, freight analysis, ad-hoc analysis, and report requests. Provides "what-if" strategic analysis, network studies, reviewing co-mingling freight opportunities, cross-dock; reverse flow of totes, fish boxes, pallets (break-even analysis).
- Modeling - Makes inbound/outbound dedicated versus line haul transportation decisions based on cost models and creates network models to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Industry Research - Identifies emerging logistics technology, optimization, and modeling tools, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required from a four-year college or university in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain or related industry.
- 2 - 4 years' work experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in multimodal transportation operations.
- Strong geography skills focused on the United States and Canada.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate analytical, optimization tool usage knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate advanced proficiency using Excel application.
- Able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency using Access, SQL, MicroStrategy, or any related query type software.
A little about us:
If you're a devoted pet parent or an animal lover, you'll find a company that truly supports its associates and empowers them to succeed. Join us to help create a better world for pets and our pet parents.