Responsible for analyzing the needs of BE customers and JCI business entities, domestically (USA) and globally (export) and insuring that the plans and implementations in North American Building Efficiency logistics systems and processes meet those needs. Regularly meet with Logistics team including the Director, Manager and Finance Manager as well as Logistics colleagues from Manufacturing Operations to learn transportation issues and opportunities first hand and communicate changing logistics activities to meet new transport conditions and manage JCI growth.
1. Performs studies, evaluations, requests for proposals, audits in support of the Building Efficiency Logistics team.
2. Develops methods to acquire and utilize information from carrier logistic systems.
3. Seeks and utilizes accurate freight bill data and makes corrections to account code and allocations that cause some distortion to our freight records or cost allocations.
4. Improves and increases the scope of our freight bill volumes, globally, throough our freight bill service provider.
5. Remains abreast of logistics best practices and is proactive in exploring application to our business.
6. Monitors carrier performance and develops meaningful metrics for process and service improvement opportunities.
7. Learns and applies knowledge and guidance regarding import/export laws, customs and duties, and related regulations such as NAFTA and HazMat. Coordinate
8. Consults and teaches policy and procedures for logistics activities for use by manufacturing plants, suppliers and sales branches. Helps maintains our SCM company web site containing instructions, guidelines and supporting logistics information for users.
9. Works with support departments to integrate logistics providers with various company business systems such as customer order management, accounting, and shipping.
10. Works closely with the Global Logistics Procurement Director and the Logistics Financial Manager to provide research and cost modeling for negotiating rates with carriers to fully use the resources and leverage of JCI spend across the other business divisions and, if possible, regions.
11. Assists in monitoring and managing transportation expense budget, including third party services and consulting fees. Proposes and directs ongoing cost reduction and improvement projects and maintain development status in the Procurement-Financial Project Tracker.
12. Resolves problems concerning transportation, systems, import/export, and customer issues that arise on a regular basis between internal and external parties.
13. Provides frequent, close collaboration with third party service providers of transportation services including, freight forwarding, export packaging, customs, security and export controls.
14. Researches and evaluates alternative processes and systems to assess their benefit and applicability to current logistics practices and business needs within the company.
15. Evaluates and/or prepares relevant cost comparisons and supplier performance reports to support strategic plans.
16. Creates and manages appropriate number and value of projects in the Purchasing-Financial Tracker System. Works closely with freight bill payment and related activities.
17. Provides ongoing administration of work instructions, NAFTA certificates, rate databases, debit memos, new customer accounts, etc.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Manufacturing Administration, or related field with Masters degree preferred. Minimum of two years of logistics analyst experience in a manufacturing or procurement environment. Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills in persuasion, negotiation, conflict resolution and teamwork. Entry level knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) rules and regulations. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access), and capability to learn and use company-specific business information systems relevant to the position.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.