Summer Internship Program
Lowe's 2018 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to undergraduate and graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE ® 50 company. The summer internship program begins with orientation in late May and concludes in early August. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push boundaries of what's possible.
Transportation Carrier Planning & Strategy Internship
Lowe's Transportation team ensures the efficient, timely and safe flow of product throughout the Supply Chain to help our customers love where they live. Developing and executing transportation solutions in collaboration with our Vendor, Distribution, and Carrier partners to ensure product is available when and where the customer expects it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with the Transportation and planning team to conduct regional LTL consolidation analytics for the DTC/Parcel team
* Conduct consolidation analytics in the following areas: Regional LTL - Research opportunities to pool LTL shipments in a given market and then move as a truckload to reduce overall costs; DTC margin analysis - Review ways to drive out cost from our parcel shipment process while ensuring a high level of service on product delivered to customers' homes; DTC Peak planning analysis - Assist in planning for October through December holiday sales spike as it relates to corresponding peak in parcel shipments associated with online ordering and the US Postal Service contribution analysis
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation or Operations Management from an accredited four-year college or university
* Senior academic standing
* Proficient in MS Office Programs
* Strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills
* Analytical skills
* Data gathering and reporting
* 3.0 or above GPA
* Relevant internship experience and/or other related work experience, such as a leadership role in student/campus organizations, volunteer, etc.
* Previous retail experience
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.