More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
This is an Operations position responsible for performing daily driver dispatch and driver relief tasks and assignments. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather, organize and process driver daily paperwork, logs, manifest, vehicle inspection, etc.
- Set up backhaul appointments.
- Answer phones, route calls and take messages.
- Research short on truck that driver's call in.
- Respond to delivery associate issue and provide support for resolution.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by supervision or management.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Valid Driver License
- 2 years' distribution/transportation experience in a high volume, route delivery operation
- Class A license
- Strong leadership, analytical and motivational skills
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of windows operating system and utilizing Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Manpower scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.