Position Summary:This individual will be responsible to analyze transportation data to identify and execute expense control opportunities, build strong working relationships, execute and influence Inbound Transportation freight operational processes as well as provide ad-hoc analysis/reporting. This position is responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of systems and applications utilized by the Inbound Transportation Department. This position will interact with retail leaders and associates in Category Management, Inventory Management, Logistics, and the Distribution Centers. The individual is a strong team member who can influence teams to achieve optimal results. A resourceful and detailed driven individual who works well under pressure and can complete multiple projects simultaneously.
Required Qualifications:1+ years within the transportation industryPreferred Qualifications:- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including proven ability to develop, maintain and run Access databases
- Ability to execute and influence the operational processes (tendering, payment and overage/shortage/damage processes)
- Utilize Transportation Management System (TMS) to identify opportunities for shipment consolidation and other cost savings
- Support carrier scorecard tracking, maintenance and analysis
- Work cross functionally with Carrier Partners, Vendors and various Internal Departments on various transportation/logistics strategies and initiatives
- Process and run monthly Inbound Transportation reporting
- Research, present and execute process improvements to drive cost reduction and efficiencies
- Obtain advanced knowledge of Inbound Transportation systems to develop process improvements and enhancements
- Provide analytical support for ad-hoc projects
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be a highly motivated, self-directed individual with the ability to prioritize Proven ability to influence and drive decision-making and consensus across various levels within the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in Supply Chain, Business, or related field preferred Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/