More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
POSITION SUMMARY This is an Operations position responsible for directing the activities associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, strategic overview and implementation of projects, expense and revenue management, compliance with government regulations, management and direction to delivery staff and safety and security of the delivery department.
This is a Future Opportunity. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the daily work and safety of Delivery supervisors, routing personnel and other associates.
- Ensures that management staff is effectively managing day to day delivery activities, including but not limited to: Delivery Associate adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Ensures Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Directs labor hours, travel, fuel and consumable supplies within budget, maximizing time and cost efficiencies. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Directs the proper selection, purchase and utilization of Company assets in support of the Delivery department. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Monitors effectiveness of daily routing activities to ensure all established Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Sales/customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Prepares budget, profit plans and capital requests as required. Evaluates metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of delivery changes.
- Monitors the utilization of delivery services by reviewing the coordination of backhaul functions and other routing/scheduling activities in an effort to increase the profitability of all delivery services.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues. Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Ensures the use and updating of productivity and routing software systems.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed (as qualified).
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required plus 7years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License meeting Company standards preferred.
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- HazMat and Doubles Certification preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies and Corporate in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull up to 350 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts, and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.