Summer Internship Program
Lowe's 2018 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to undergraduate and graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE ® 50 company. The summer internship program begins with orientation in late May and concludes in early August. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push boundaries of what's possible.
Transportation Domestic Internship
Lowe's Transportation team ensures the efficient, timely and safe flow of product throughout the Supply Chain to help our customers love where they live. Developing and executing transportation solutions in collaboration with our Vendor, Distribution, and Carrier partners to ensure product is available when and where the customer expects it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Evaluate transportation resources and reference material currently residing on LowesNet and collaborate with leaders in the department to determine necessary updates and make changes to content as needed and gain approval for recommended changes through presentations to transportation directors and VP
* Analyze deliveries to stores from all various sources to Lowe's stores and develop recommendation for a strategy to synchronize deliveries and present recommendations to Transportation Directors and VP at the conclusion of the internship
* Assist in the development of parcel transportation programs by participating in ongoing transportation analysis, projects and support
* Identify performance trends, and assist in implementing plans for supply chain and transportation-related solutions, enabling Lowe's to take advantage of both service and cost opportunities, as well as remove inefficiencies and waste
* Interact directly with transportation providers, stores, vendors, Lowe's Supply Chain, Lowes.com, merchandising, procurement and distribution
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation or Operations Management from an accredited four-year college or university
* Senior academic standing
* Proficient in MS Office Programs
* Strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills
* Analytical skills
* Data gathering and reporting
* 3.0 or above GPA
* Relevant internship experience and/or other related work experience, such as a leadership role in student/campus organizations, volunteer, etc.
* Previous retail experience
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.