About the Opportunity
As a Transportation Manager you are the final point of contact to ensure the company meets our delivery service level of agreements with our customers. Our solutions help our clients earn the best possible discounts on First-Class® and Standard® postage with our presort services. As a Transportation Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the transportation department and providing the most secure, safe, reliable transportation of Pitney Bowes Presort Services' customer mail.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Service team in Levittown, PA. You will be responsible for:
• Supervises and assigns specific responsibilities to all transportation
personnel including route delivery.
• Ensures prompt and accurate delivery/pick-up of all service requests for customers, and other transportation activities as required by the needs of the company and customer base.
• Manages site transportation vendors including sourcing vendor contacts.
• Ensures all drivers are compliant with DOT regulations; maintains DOT files.
• Ensures the transportation team provides excellent internal and external customer service while achieving total labor ratio goals.
• Manages the human resources aspect of supervision including performance appraisals, counseling, hiring and terminations.
• Manages service providers to ensure delivery performance standards and operational practices are in line with contractual agreements and performance benchmarks.
• Demonstrates safety and security processes and follows company policies.
• Communicates with the Regional Logistics Manager, Logistics Center and Operations team regarding any special, late or missing pickups and forwards the information to the drivers.
• Coordinates with production to ensure the mail is dispatched on time and ensures that all transportation tasks are completed.
• Reviews pick up slips for USPS supplies and communicates supply requests to the drivers; verifies physical container counts to accompanying customer pick up slips.
• Recommends measures to improve the performance of the transportation department.
• Ensures the mail is reviewed for proper dates, presort slugs and a pickup slip is attached with each order prior to loading on the truck.
• Reviews all daily paperwork submitted by drivers.
• Ensures USPS equipment is used only for the movement of "Live" mail.
• Oversees the return of client's damaged or undeliverable mail following internal handling procedures for damaged secured mail.
• Ensures all required cell phone applications are being used.
• Oversees maintenance and cleanliness of location's fleet.
• Assists other departments to accomplish Operational goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and attend to detail.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, subordinates and different levels within the organization in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to coordinate and manage DOT compliance.
- Ability to effectively utilize, train and develop supervisory staff.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, Word and Excel.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation or Logistics is preferred.
- Transportation/Fleet service experience, which includes route delivery procedures, basic security, and operational procedures.
- 3 - 5 years of operations/transportation management.
- Commercial vehicle driving experience is preferred.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.