Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Are you a leader who knows how to engage and motivate your team to drive the Company's goals? Do you want to join a team of hard-driving professionals that makes Waste Management #1 in the industry? I. Job Summary
As a member of our Chardon team, you will manage approximately 15 Residential drivers. You will be responsible for all aspects of the Residential line of business. Some of your responsibilities will include hiring, coaching and training your drivers, keeping the culture of Safety, working with our Dispatch and Customer Service teams in Michigan for routing, ensuring your customers are receiving a high level of service, and managing to the business metrics.
You will work together with the District Manager, Sr. Route Manager, 3 Route Managers, 2 Operations Specialists, Fleet Manager and an amazing team of 51 drivers and 11 technicians to make the Chardon District a successful part of Waste Management.
Hopefully you are not just a behind-the-desk person. In this position, you will be in the office for about 20% of the time, 60% in the field with the drivers and customers, and 20% in the yard managing the pre and post trip process. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, you will need to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. Some of these duties are:
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process including post trip quality, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Ensure compliance with DOT and OSHA rules and regulations including documentation and record keeping.
- Provides development discussions with employees on a regular basis
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Promotes a union free atmosphere and where appropriate, establishes collaborative relations with unions.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Teams with Dispatch and Customer Service to identify and resolve routing and customer service issues
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues reported by drivers.
- Whatever else needed to ensure a successful, ethical, and safe company.
This job has supervisory responsibilities for Drivers assigned to the position. This includes responsibility for employee performance reviews and feedback, scheduling time off, employee grievances or complaints, pay changes and job responsibilities. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Associate's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Business Management.
- Experience: No experience required (in addition to education requirement).
- Experience Preferred: One or more years of transportation experience involving managing and successfully coaching CDL drivers.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Valid driver's license and good driving record.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities
Safety First focus and commitment to driving safety culture.
High level of technical expertise in using computer programs, and creating and analyzing reports.
Strong coaching skills
Ability to engage and motivate drivers
Ability to recognize,assess and develop talent
Proven ability to create collaborative relationships with all involved departments
Direct management/supervision of drivers
Strong communication skills and strong listening skills.
Good analytical skills and previous experience managing to metrics.
Ability to prioritize in fluid environment
Proven ability to drive results
Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
Ability and willingness to work 10 to 12 hours a day - starting as early as 3:30am up 6:30am on a rotating schedule. V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply." Text "WASTE" to 51893 to join our team (or learn more)