Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in managing a transportation function
Knowledge of warehousing, transportation, and customer management
Experience in budget development/delivery
Knowledge of trucking industry regulations, FDA requirements, DEA requirements and other government regulations applicable to the supply chain
Bachelors Degree or Masters in Supply Chain Management/Business Administration or equivalent business experience with demonstrated performance
Ability to deliver innovative thinking/solutions that positively impact the business
General management, as this role plays across multiple disciplines within GSK and externally with various industry associations - CSCMP, SMC3, NASSTRAC
Ability to think strategically and deliver tactically
Knowledge of trade customers, industry and organization
Ability to influence and drive change
Problem solving ability
Experience working in a matrix/cross functional capacity
Experience leading teams/projects
Effective written/oral skills
GSK has an opening for a Transportation Manager within our North America Supply Chain Organization as a part of the US Customer Supply Chain Team. Manages all aspects of transportation operations for GSK Consumer Healthcare in United States to include carrier sourcing, budget responsibility, 3PL management and service level achievement. Also provides support to GSK Consumer business in Canada and Puerto Rico.
This position will be located in York, PA.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop & Implement Transportation Strategy for GSK Manufacturing Sites, Distribution Centers, Contract Mfg, Display and Packaging, and Customer Freight
• Establish & own senior level relationships with key Service Providers - Carriers, Freight Payment, Security, 3PL, and other providers
• Develops and Owns Transportation Budget and monthly P&L analysis reporting to Supply Chain Leadership. Develops and implements cost savings initiatives
• Develops Strategy for the Consumer Transportation Operations Center (TOC) consisting of 7 contract associates. Ensures tactical execution of TOC to support strategy.
• Owns Carrier and Customer Service Performance KPIs (On Time Delivery). Ensures KPIs are met or exceeded
• Works with Procurement and Carriers to negotiate all Freight Rates
• Establish strategy and deliverables for 3rd party freight payment provider
• Ensures compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements
• Develop relationships with internal customers - Move Product, GSK Mfg Sites, Contract Manufacturing (3CPM)
• Internal Champion for Business Initiatives - Product Launches, Projects
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.