The Transportation Planner is the member of the Logistics Transportation team responsible for planning and executing daily Company shipments. Typical daily load volumes under management by this role will be 100 - 200 varying due to complexity and business needs. The Transportation Planner is the leader/business owner of their assigned area of responsibility. This includes responsibility and accountability for service performance versus goal and financial performance. Typical annual spend for the assigned area is $30M - $50 Million.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Daily load planning & execution for area of responsibility.
- Utilizing a TMS system (OTM, SAP); Troubleshooting TMS System
- Proactive identification and resolution of service issues (On Time Performance and Primary Tender Acceptance...)
- Weekly Lane and Budget management for area of responsibility via Rate Variance
- Coordination and proactive communication to changes of load status with internal/external stakeholders (Plants, Warehouses, Customers, Distributors, Customer Service, etc.)
- Lead and Participate in daily / weekly / monthly Operational Routines including On Boarding New Suppliers
- Weekend and Night Coverage & Issue Resolution for Critical Customer Delivery Issues.
Performing additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree or 1-3 years role experience with Carrier/Shipper
- Preferred Level: Bachelor Degree in Logistics and 1-3 years role experience with Carrier/Shipper
- Preferred Level: 3 years Logistics / Planning experience
- Minimum Required: Proficient Verbal & Written Communication skills, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Problem Solving, Analytics, Budget Management.
- Preferred Level: DOT familiarity, Transportation / Logistics / Supply Chain, SAP, TMS Systems such as Oracle Trans. Management system or Trans Planning related system. Problem Solving, Analytics and Budget Management.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top