Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Transportation Sourcing Lead - International Sourcing and Supplier Performance, located in Skillman, NJ
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
The Regional Transportation Organization (RTO), within CLS, provides transportation, import, and export support for NA Consumer, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Device companies.
The Transportation Sourcing Lead will:
• Develop and manage internal and external partnerships by demonstrating strong leadership, project management, partnership, analytical, and communication skills.
• Apply strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, in order to build relationships and understand customer needs.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop a transportation strategy relevant to their mode(s) of ownership and be able to lead the subsequent change management.
• Effectively manage the strategic relationship with RTO transportation carriers.
• Successfully optimize the network to meet and exceed business partner needs across all three Johnson & Johnson sectors.
• Develop and convey mode expertise in order to identify and implement cost and/or service improvements.
• Drive cost improvements, service improvements and ensure service continuity.
• Drive quality and compliance requirements and facilitate contract negotiation.
• Lead cyclical sourcing event, as well as mid-contract negotiations as needed.
• Keep up to date on mode and overall industry and communicate industry updates to business partners.
• Assist in cross-company budget review and development.
• Provide and act on service metrics relating to capacity provision, on-time-delivery, electronic transmission of data, cost, and other metrics as defined by the RTO and its Operating Company partners.
• Develop and implement changes to the carrier network (including bringing on new carriers).
• Work proactively with carriers, cross-sector business partners, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, external manufacturers and raw material providers.
• Lead and/or participate on various projects with Johnson & Johnson Operating Company partners.
• Partner with other RTO groups, freight payment, operations, claims, and load planning.
• Assist in the evaluation and incorporation of new business opportunities from other J&J companies into the scope of the RTO.
• Benchmark with other shippers and with carriers.
• Participate in industry professional organizations.Qualifications
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required, with preference of a Master’s Degree and/or degree focus in Logistics, Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum of six (6) years of overall business experience is required, with Air Transportation experience highly desired.
• Minimum of four (4) years of Transportation experience is preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years of Supplier Relationship Management experience is preferred.
• Experience with Sourcing, Procurement and/or Project Management is highly desired.
• Experience with Six Sigma, FPX, Process Excellence or Lean Tools, Training and certification is preferred.
• This position is located in Skillman, NJ and may require up to 10% domestic travel, with periodic overnight travel.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function