This person contributes to the success of Pepsi Beverages Company by supervising a team of transport drivers to deliver product to Company's distribution centers in a safe, efficient and productive manner.Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Qualifications/Requirements Education and Certifications:
- Provide local interface and direction for dedicated carrier on issues and improvement projects.
- Assume ownership for financial forecasts and analysis related to the transportation cost center.
- Provide support to Market Unit facilities on transportation matters including, but not limited to: Identification and achievement of assigned productivity/cost improvement targets; resource requirements planning; wait time reduction.
- Assist in the development and implementation of inbound transportation programs that provide for continuous improvement.
- Develop effective relationships with internal customers (i.e. sales, logistics, plant, satellite warehouses etc.)
- Provide location assistance for proper utilization of transportation tools such as rate and route guides.
- Maintain equipment appearance and safety standards: instruct and train all company assigned to transport department in proper safety procedures and regulations; direct employees in identifying and correcting any unsafe conditions; eliminate avoidable accidents and improve department's performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of outbound transportation programs that provide for continuous improvement
- Provide local interface and direction for PBC private fleet and carriers on issues and improvement projects
- Provide location assistance for proper utilization of PBC transportation fleet / carriers for daily movement of all cross dock and geo box
- A minimum of 5 years of related field and/or a Bachelor's degree
Skills & Capabilities:
- Knowledge of DOT (Department Of Transportation) regulations
- Transportation experience dealing with legal, regulatory and operational issues, including customer service, logistics and carrier operations
- A minimum of 2 years' experience managing front-line employees
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Incumbent should have a strong customer focus and be results driven.
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor's degree
- Class A, CDL certified
Not Eligible for Relocation