More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, management and direction to delivery staff, compliance with government regulations and safety and security of the delivery department. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily work and safety of Delivery Associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Ensure Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensure that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Supervise labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepare work schedules, including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Supervise the proper selection utilization of Company assets in support of the Delivery department. Coordinate required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Review delivery functions and productivity reporting. Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures, and assist with implementation of delivery changes.
- Interpret trains, and consistently enforce company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, etc.
- Communicate with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues. Visit customer locations and meet with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Maintain associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintain on-going interaction; keep open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitor associate morale; and submit and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interpret trains, and consistently enforce Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Make recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification, where required.
- Perform management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Perform the duties of associates supervised, and other related duties as needed (and as qualified).
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent; or one to three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Two or four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License meeting Company standards
- HazMat and Doubles Certification
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulation; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies and Corporate in a proactive and constructive manner
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues; Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull up to 350 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.