Company: Sysco South RDC
Zip Code: 32615
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Supervise and coordinate the yard management and gate house activities related to inbound and outbound transportation traffic and the arrival of associates and visitors to the RDC to maintain facility integrity and security. Provide oversight to ensure proper procedures are followed in the check in/ check out and monitor vehicle activities for transportation related vehicles entering or exiting the facility, directed to or present at the RDC yard and OTR yard. Work as a liaison between warehouse operations and the transportation department.
YOU MUST APPLY at http:baughse.sysco.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Send/receive positive communication to the responsible associates.
- Oversee dedicated and one-way dispatch process to ensure timely departures.
- Oversee drop trailer program to ensure all standards and compliance criteria are being met.
- Oversee rework outbound trailers as needed to ensure proper weight distribution.
- Research and rectify seal discrepancies and other dispatch concerns.
- Coordinate notification of arrival of rail cars to warehouse operations for purpose of opening rail dock door. Ensure railroad has closed the gate to traffic and rerouted truck traffic during rail delivery.
- Oversee procedure for properly recording, monitoring, and directing placement of all trailers (drop trailers, dedicated carrier trailers, and one-way trailers) upon arrival and departure from the facility.
- Implement policies and procedures such as Preferred Work Methods (PWM) and Best Business Practices to ensure associates are trained in safety, job knowledge, and attainment of performance standards.
- Monitor yard procedures to ensure that trailers are checked into the yard, in their assigned Warehouse Management location, and checked-out of the yard to attain the most efficient yard utilization.
- Perform daily trailer fuel level and temperature checks on dropped trailers to ensure product temperature (food safety) integrity.
- Perform daily yard checks on dropped trailers to ensure trailer slotting accuracy
- Plan, schedule (vacations, holidays, workers compensation and other shift fill-ins), and coordinate personnel needed to accomplish all yard management activities.
- Monitor work flow and balance staff between all work areas to maintain productivity and completion of all yard management tasks.
- Monitor associate’s work and perform associate evaluations, and PWM observations on an on-going basis to communicate expectations, reward above average performance, and identify and coach poor performance levels.
- Manage overtime by properly maintaining production standards and communicating when associates are available for other facility duties.
- Foster an environment that encourages associate involvement, commits to quality of work from self and others, and provides leadership for the mutual benefit of the company, customers, and associates.
- Ensure that all required associate records, evaluations, and related documentation are filed in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner.
- Work effectively with immediate supervisor to improve processes and accuracy, and to resolve any issues pertaining to the yard management process.
- Act as a problem solver for associate relation issues and department needs.
- Responsible for appearance and cleanliness, maintenance, and security of gate house, equipment, supply sheds, and vehicles used.
- Performs all duties safely, accurately, and meets set productivity goals.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules in an effort to eliminate accidents and injuries.
- Support the safety effort by participating on the safety committee and working with safety and security to resolve safety issues.
- Ensure gate house computers and RF (radio frequency) equipment are used in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc).
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, etc.).
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures, and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direction and leadership to up to five (5) subordinate (hourly) associates as well as ongoing communication of related status and issues to RDC management.
- Evaluate performance of immediate subordinates on a quarterly basis for the purpose of communicating and properly documenting expectations and evaluations to the staff.
- Administer corrective action to address negative associate behaviors when appropriate.
- Provide ongoing feedback on the performance of subordinates and the department by monitoring activities and reports.
- Ensure that all required associate records, evaluations, and related documentation are maintained in a timely, consistent and accurate manner.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Sysco Redistribution Center’s policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws.
Internal non-exempt associates must be in a lead position to qualify for the Supervisor position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Familiarity with DOT rules and regulations is a plus.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and agree to the terms of the company driving policy.
- Must have forklift certification (or the ability to become certified) is required.
- Must be proficient use of Microsoft Suite.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision and have a strong attention to details.
- Must have the ability to maintain cooperation between all departments of the RDC operations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to effectively perform in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to effectively manage confidential information.
Must pass a function capacity test.
Education and experience
High School Graduate or GED required. Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university preferred; or three to five years warehouse related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required to complete the Sysco supervisory training program.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time