At TriStar Centennial, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients and our people.
We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
The Lead transporter assists the smooth running of the Medical Center by organizing the transportation staff in a manner that allows them to efficiently respond to requests for patient movement from one department to another. The lead transporter participates in patient transporting as well as in administrative duties including: employee scheduling, process improvement, service recovery, Kronos timekeeping and daily operations of the transportation department.
1. Coordinates and prioritizes appropriate transport personnel to support requests for service from user departments
2. Enters, corrects, and pulls pertinent data from the Teletracking database when required.
3. Assists Transport Manager in developing new initiatives for patient transport and discharge services.
4. Together with Transport Manager holds transporters accountable to I.C.A.R.E values and department/individual transport times
5. Maintains a schedule that enables the transport department to effectively respond to volume fluctuations in the facility
6. Assists with Kronos as assigned.
7. Responds to pages and phone calls from user departments, troubleshooting issues when necessary.
8. Functions as first line supervisor in assigning duties, training, absentee coverage, and other requirements to maintain appropriate level of department staffing.
9. Ensures appropriate amount of equipment is available to transporters, and that equipment is returned to its designated area after each use.
10. Participates in interview process and understands the "hire for fit" philosophy.
11. Participates in disciplinary actions to the degree prescribed by the manager
12. Ensures that competencies are completed by all new staff members prior to allowing them to work independently.
13. Presents a pleasant, professional, and tidy image to all customers and employees of our facility.
14. Attends Team Lead meetings
15. Facilitates transporters ability to attend monthly staff meetings
16. Promotes customer service initiative by adhering to the ICARE values
17. Compliance with quarterly targeted metrics (i.e. Kronos, HealthStream, PACS, etc)
18. Maintain all current certifications required for position.
1. Patient care experience preferred
2. BLS Healthcare Provider certification within 30 days of hire; or upon recertification cycle of Heartsaver
3. Strong customer service and critical thinking skills
4. Previous health care or leadership experience a plus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom