TriStar Skyline Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, TriStar Skyline Medical Center
is Tennessee's first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. The facility is equipped with 213 beds and offers a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and emergency services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care. There are more than 400 physicians on staff, many of whom have offices located right next door in the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza. TriStar Skyline Medical Center
is looking for a Trauma Registrar (Full-Time).
The Trauma Registrar is responsible for all data collection, abstraction and entry of all trauma patients (ICS-9 Codes 800-959.9) into the trauma registry (V5 Collector). Produces reports and analyses for internal and external customers, and supports the registry requirement for verification as a Level II Trauma Center by the State of Tennessee and the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. The Trauma Registrar reports to the Trauma Program Director, and is supervised by the Trauma Registry Coordinator. Department Specific Criteria
Organizational, Verbal, Interpersonal, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Statistical, Analytical, Grammar/Spelling, Read/Comprehend written instructions, Follow verbal instructions. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Responsibilities include the following areas of competency: Clinical
- Abstracts trauma charts in accordance with guidelines established by the State of Tennessee, ACS, and internally.
- Maintains a 95% or greater abstracting accuracy rate.
- Exhibits ability to abstract charts with minimal supervision.
- Ensures cases are entered into V5 Collector database within 30 days of discharge, 95% of the time.
- Identify and record quality improvement issues identified in the initial data entry of the trauma patient record, and those issues identified by the trauma clinicians during the patients hospital stay, in the trauma registry.
- Maintain current trauma roster of inpatients who meet trauma services inclusion criteria.
- Analyze, summarize, and display data in a variety of formats for the purposes of reporting using Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Communicates information appropriately so that others are informed as necessary.
- Expresses verbal and written thoughts in a clear and concise manner with appropriate grammar.
- Promptly responds to e-mail and voicemail.
- Follows verbal directions.
- As a designated Key Resource Facility, provides in-services as requested to other TriStar facilities staff for educational purposes.
- Responds and is available to inquiries from internal and external customers on Registry issues. Attends meetings as requested for discussion of issues.
- Participate in regular staff development and continuing education events to maintain state-of-the-art computer and clinical skills/knowledge.
- ICD-9 and ICD-10 Coding experience required
- AIS Coding experience preferred
- V5 Collector or NTRACS experience preferred
- TQIP experience preferred
- CSTR (Certified Specialist in Trauma Registry) within two (2) years of employment
- Associates/Technical Degree preferred
- RHIT/RHIA certification preferred