Job Title : Trauma Registrar PRN
Hospital : Wesley Medical Center
A member of the trauma services team. Accountable and responsible for the delivery of consistent flow of trauma patient(s) through the Emergency Department.
Extensive knowledge and experience in hospital systems including medical terminology and medical records required .
Required Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
• Work experience in data collection and research study is required
• One year of clerical experience and data entry; demonstrated ICD-9 coding skills; advanced medical terminology knowledge; and demonstrated computer skills as well as effective communication skills required.
•Preferred Education or Experience
• Quality improvement experience is preferred
• CSTR (Certified Specialist in Trauma Registry) certification from the American Trauma Society is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in hospital systems including medical terminology and medical records required
• Experience as a Health Information Technician, Health Unit Coordinator, or related position preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Basic personal computer skills
• Critical thinking skills and decisive judgment skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast paced environment and take appropriate action
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom