American Express Global Business Travel is dedicated to helping its clients realize the greatest possible value from their investment in travel through increased cost savings, outstanding customer service and greater spend control and provides travel management consulting expertise, strategic sourcing and supplier negotiation support around the world
As part of the Global Business Consulting organization, the BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) practice line is one of the fastest growing organizations within that group, aiming to provide value by executing strategic and operational travel management on behalf of our customers.
Recently, one of largest financial services customers (Goldman Sachs) has signed a new agreement to implement two outsourced travel management support roles based in the UK and US, and therefore searching for a qualified outsourced operational team members
The successful candidate will have:
- Provide strategic advice to business stakeholders under the direction of and in partnership with the Regional Travel Manager
- Organize and participate in preparation of management information deliverables including recurring and ad-hoc reporting requirements for stakeholders
- Identify policy and program enhancement opportunities, that are aligned with business objectives, to the Regional Travel Manager for future consideration
- Support the Regional Travel Manager interfacing with travel partner network including stakeholder groups dependent on effective travel operations and data (eg Compliance, OGS)
- Act as first point of response for issues that are escalated to the GS team after the TMC customer service / operations teams have attempted to resolve
- Coordinate resolution of issues across different parts of the TMC organization (and other stakeholders as appropriate) to facilitate a successful outcome
- Support the Regional Travel Manager in monitoring TMC service delivery against contracted SLAs / key account metrics and actions required to address under-performance
- Oversee TMC response to day-to-day business disruptions (e.g. strikes, minor weather delays, airline system outages, visas and private jets)
- Perform specific vendor management activities for targeted categories in region (eg ground transportation, rail, corporate apartments) under the direction of the RTM and category owner
- Support the Regional Travel Manager in education and awareness activities within the region including the preparation and delivery of communication updates and stakeholder training
- Provide oversight for transformation projects managed and delivered by the TMC in support of achieving key business priorities
- Liaise with outsourced Travel Support Managers in other regions to ensure consistency of approach and execution of responsibilities, leveraging best practices
- Present and implement innovative solutions that support the customers overall business objectives
- Coordinate and lead communications, progress, consistencies, and best practices in executing tactical / operational travel management activities for a selected number of countries
- Be responsible for actions, targets and goals as outlined in the client / Amex business plan at country (local) level.
- § Provide regular and detailed communication on progress against performance targets including customer service level agreements. Will assume responsibility for service consistency across the region and for continuous improvement driving the change agenda from strategy to actions
- Program optimization: finding new areas for potential improvements on service and savings
* GBT is offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for this position! * ** MUST LIVE WITHIN COMMUTING DISTANCE TO NYC **
- Strong leadership, ability to comfortably work and communicate with senior leaders and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate experience in strategic planning and analytics to create innovative solutions to business challenges with strong change management skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize track and deliver results with detailed focus on accuracy
- Excellent written/verbal skills, strong business presentation skills and technical skills.
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail.
- (Operational) Business Travel background required.
- A proven ability to effectively leverage relationships to drive results
- Demonstrates personal excellence by showing personal determination and resilience and is optimistic in changing circumstances.
- Experience influencing and driving cultural change
- Communication - candidate must have a proven track record in both written and oral communications including writing high-level program documents, including policies and procedural documents. Candidate must be experienced in addressing senior leadership, driving change through the ability to communicate and "sell" the travel program's value proposition.
- Leadership - candidate must have the ability to drive change through influencing skills and the ability to gain cooperation based on mutual goals and business objectives.
- Command Skills - individual must have experience and understand what it takes to be successful in a complex corporate environment, including the ability to identify and gain the support of key constituencies, champions across business units, etc. Individual must have experience managing conflicting styles, mindsets, etc and not allowing them to detract from the vision and value proposition.
- A Team Player with good leadership skills, to effectively drive projects across the region
United States>New York>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
A little about us: