Traveling Engine Field Service Technician Level III
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
The Traveling Engine Field Service Technician Level III is a technical specialist and primary customer support contact to diagnose and execute complex repairs to engine products at the customer's site.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
- Establishes and continually develops productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to product specialists or supervisor.
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional sales and service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Ability to train service personnel to develop their diagnostic skills
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
- Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
- Able to understand and follow the Technical Support Request ((TSR) process
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Ability to guide / coach other service technicians (including non-Cummins technicians) through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
- Can resolve complex technical problems
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
- Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
- Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Must abide by all local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
- No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
- No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
- Significant field service work experience preferred
- Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with multiple engine products
- Customer service experience
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
Additional Responsibilities Unique to this Position:
- This is a Traveling Technician position that will be given out of town assignments that may last several days, several weeks, or longer.
- Purpose and scope of role include, but are not limited to, assisting with the workload demands throughout the Rocky Mountain Region and helping branches with high work volumes take care of customer needs.
- Traveling Technicians will be based out of a "home" branch location and the base location is negotiable, depending on qualifications of applicant and business needs.
Compensation and Benefits
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins