The Treasury Analyst produces information that will assist in the effective management of Comerica's various balance sheet initiatives related to its funding position and liquidity risk management process.
Successful incumbents possess and applies a basic knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to aid in the completion of assignments; have knowledge of and practical application of balance sheet analysis within a defined scope and knowledge of treasury related financial models; have technical and problem solving skills; great communication, organization skills and attentive to detail skills; and have a strong understanding of bank products.
* Liquidity Management Process:
* Run daily and periodic liquidity reporting used for daily decisions made by Lead Funding Liquidity Specialist or management.
* Assist in the regular review and compliance of all liquidity risk policies, procedures and processes (such as Comerica's Contingency Funding Plan, Liquidity Management Policy, & Stress Test documentation) by running daily, weekly, and /or annual reports.
* Monitor and assist with the holding company's cash position by providing reporting to senior members of the team.
* Provide monthly management reporting necessary to ensure compliance with liquidity regulations such as Dodd-Frank, Basel III LCR and NSFR, OLA debt requirements, FDIC debt related assessment rules, etc.
* Funding Execution:
* Complete the daily tasks related to the Money Desk management, including monitoring of the Federal Reserve position, Comerica customers' wire and ACH activity, overnight borrowings such as Fed Funds, Euro deposits, and Repos, etc. Provide reporting to team, as requested.
* Provide assistance to senior members of the team in executing funding transactions such as brokered deposits, FHLB borrowings, senior, subordinated and preferred debt by running reports and compiling data.
* Assist senior members of the team with daily tasks related to optimizing Comerica's use of collateral given regulatory requirements by Federal Reserve.
* Provide periodic reporting of Comerica's expenses related to the wholesale funding portfolio.
* Assist in the calculation and posting of daily cost of funds for Comerica's daily loan and deposit activities
* Respond to calls and inquiries to Comerica's Money Desk phone line
Travel is not required of this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Finance or related field
* 1 year of experience contributing to small to medium projects providing specified deliverables
* 1 year of experience in building financial models
* 2 years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products including Word, Powerpoint and Excel including pivot tables, graphs, chart
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
At Comerica Bank, we’re looking for leaders to help guide a higher level of banking.