Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
This role reports to the Director of Banking and Payment Flows and is responsible for performing activities related to the execution of a banking infrastructure and strategy to meet Brighthouse Financial’s (“BFH”) business needs in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Perform day-to-day activities related to establishing and maintaining bank accounts and related services required to support daily cash management, disbursements (electronic and check payments), collections (electronic, check, and physical cash), and capital markets activities
- Prepare all required documentation required for bank account openings, closing, and modifications as well as developing and maintain the bank gold copy
- Perform bank fees analysis and work with external parties to resolve fee discrepancies
- Support activities related to establishing, measuring, and evaluating the performance of banking partners including the development of a bank scorecard
- Perform analysis required to support negotiation of fees associated with bank infrastructure and services
- Develop and maintain repository of treasury service contracts
- Perform analysis to support treasury budgeting efforts
- Assist with preparation of board and management presentations
- Support audit activities
- Support Treasury Operations initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required
- 2+ years of related treasury or finance experience in a public or private company environment
- Knowledge of banking and overall treasury management principles, fundamentals, and techniques
- Experience performing bank account and relationship management, bank fee analysis, bank administration, and budgeting activities
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Insurance industry experience preferred
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.