Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Performs advanced analyses and assists in high-level recommendations on a variety of treasury and financial assurance activities including cash and investment management; financial assurance portfolio structure and cost; financing activities such as bond transactions and leases; and risk management activities such as interest rate and foreign currency hedging. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manage daily cash positioning and cash flow forecasting to maximize cash for investing and minimize borrowing costs. Actively monitor and assess the cash forecast, analyzing differences between forecast and actuals, coordinating with accounting and financial analysis teams as required to support cash flow-related management and Board of Director reporting.
- Provide analytical support for the liquidity position of the company, making recommendations for revolving credit facility borrowings and repayments on a timely basis to ensure that cash flow is adequate to support business needs and that debt balances are managed to reduce costs.
- Work with other team members to ensure outgoing wire transfers are executed on a timely basis within the company's internal control framework.
- Works with internal and external resources to ensure that all cash-related needs of existing and/or new business interests are addressed timely and accurately. This includes coordinating efforts associated with field personnel, the Waste Management Service Center, and third parties, including lockbox and merchant services providers.
- Review bank account structure and make recommendations for increased efficiency. Prepare a regular bank fee analysis that can be used by the company to assess banking relationships and cost saving opportunities.
- Participates in the evaluation of the company's financing activities, including bond financings, lease versus buy analyses, and bank facilities.
- Monitors current market conditions and analyzes potential derivative transactions (primarily interest rate and foreign currency). Provides support to the organization by ensuring that derivative activities are carried out within the parameters of established policies and authorization limits.
- Use professional judgment and trade finance experience/knowledge to make recommendations to department management of the financial assurance instruments that should be secured to support presented business needs.
- Actively manage responsibilities and deadlines to ensure that customer (field organization) needs are met on a timely and effective basis.
- Use professional judgment and accounting/finance experience to assess the company's overall financial position (computation of key financial ratios, benchmarking and stress testing), which will contribute to the compilation of financial presentations to the Board of Directors, senior management or the credit rating agencies as well as quarterly compliance reporting.
- Provide analytical support to the Treasury and Financial Assurance team on ad hoc/special projects.
This job has no supervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Self-motivated individual that works well as part of a team, but is also able to be a strong individual contributor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a member of a team responsible for managing a broad and high volume set of financial instruments.
- Proficient with word processing, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and prioritize workflow.
- Willingness to take responsibility of assigned work areas and be held accountable for all assigned tasks.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.