Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
The Treasury Analyst will be responsible for supporting the US Treasury Operations Team. This includes foreign exchange and interest rate trade confirmation processing, reporting and analysis, performing control activities, documentation, and maintaining trade details within the Treasury financial system, processing miscellaneous payments related to the Treasury and Risk Management function. Additional responsibilities include supporting. Specific duties include:
- Confirm payments, settlement instructions, and trade details with banks related to debt, hedging, and foreign exchange activity.
- Perform general ledger reconciliations of all suspense/clearing accounts for Intercompany Loan activity and other Domestic Treasury activity.
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly reports for debt and interest expense, global foreign exchange exposure, interest coverage ratios, swap and other derivatives.
- Provide support during the monthly close process. Initiate interface from Treasury financial system (Quantum) into the ERP general ledger. Create journal entries to clear out Treasury suspense accounts.
- Upload and manage projected cash flows, hedge relationships, derivatives, and position settlements within Treasury financial system (Quantum) based on trade activity from the FX and capital markets teams.
- Support the Corporate Controller's group, Auditors and other business partners by providing detailed reports associated with US Treasury instruments.
- Timely process miscellaneous payments in favor of various vendors using Coupa
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other discipline with financial rigor.
- Generally 1-3 years of experience in related finance/accounting capacity.
- Strong analytical ability. Preferred advanced excel skills or willingness to become proficient if limited experience in this area.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment, as well as ability to positively represent the company when dealing with our business partners.
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.