In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. The new company would represent, as of September 30, 2015, approximately 20% of the operating earnings of MetLife and 50% of the operating earnings of MetLife’s U.S. Retail Segment. The new company would have approximately $240 billion of total assets with its largest operating company, MetLife USA being one of the largest life insurers in the U.S. with GAAP equity of approx. $12 billion as of September 30, 2015, similar in size to Lincoln Financial.
The new company will be focused on securing clients’ financial futures by providing the best value, advice based solutions. Building upon the current U.S. Retail culture, the new company will be guided and operated by a common set of values that will focus on accountability, external and customer focus, collaboration and a strong focus and discipline on cost management.
Reporting directly to the Head of Rating Agencies, Capital Markets, and Liquidity, this position is responsible for overseeing liquidity risk management efforts, including leading enterprise stress testing activities with focus on product liability characteristics and realization of asset sales under various scenarios. This position requires frequent interaction across functions to understand liquidity risk under various scenarios and manage communication efforts with internal and external stakeholders on liquidity matters.
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
- Manage liquidity stress testing process and partner with technology in support of the enterprise, including development, maintenance, and improvement of the liquidity stress testing model and alignment of assumptions across the organization
- Develop policies and procedures related to liquidity risk management and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage liquidity stress testing processes and technology by leveraging relevant inputs from Finance, Investments, and other functions
- Consolidate and report liquidity stress testing results to senior leadership and regulators
- Partner with Investments, Finance, and Risk to enhance the stress testing framework
- Lead development of the liquidity risk governance framework, including design of the enterprise liquidity policy and contingency funding plan, e.g., intercompany borrowing facilities, repos, and external funding
- Provide thought leadership in understanding the company’s liquidity risk position and develop recommendations to the Lines of Business
- Partner with CFOs and Lines of Business to help support decisions that drive effective liquidity risk management; ensure regular and effective communication
- Provide input into pricing of products based on liquidity considerations
- Lead financial, regulatory, Board of Directors, and senior management reporting activities related to liquidity stress testing and liquidity risk management
- Support internal initiatives
- Perform other related activities as required
- 8+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in the areas of liquidity stress testing, liquidity risk management, and asset-liability management within large complex financial organizations
- Detailed understanding of liquidity stress testing or related experience that can serve as a foundation to develop liquidity risk management capabilities based on knowledge of product liability and asset characteristics
- Experience with regulatory principles and rules
- Knowledge and skills requisite to engage on liquidity risk with rating agencies and regulators
- Track record of success in leading and building high-performing treasury organizations with demonstrated ability to use the managed group to achieve results
- Industry leading knowledge of financial markets and economics, including complex interactions between economic and operational factors, impact on product performance and financial results, and resulting liquidity position of the company
- ; Advanced MS excel, word, and PowerPoint skills
- Actuarial or investment experience in both life and annuity industry, with focuses on ALM and financial planning concepts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and management skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to senior leaders
- Ability to challenge assumptions and results and is comfortable communicating and influencing business partners based on these results
- Demonstrated ability to consider multiple views while making business decisions
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- MBA, CPA, and/or CFA strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline required
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop.
Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 – 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Internal Use Only: 13M NewCo-Wave2
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.