McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Treasury Management Sales Specialist II, Not-for-Profit and Government Contracts
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better. At one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
If you want to be part of a fast-paced, client-centric and strategically growing business, Capital One Commercial Banking wants you to join our talented group! Capital One is committed to excellence in the solutions we offer, the industries we serve, and the way we work with clients. Today, Capital One Commercial Banking group services a $38 billion loan portfolio, serving more than 4,100 clients and greater than 35,000 accounts. On the Commercial Banking team, you’ll find energized, positive people rolling up their sleeves to deliver value-added solutions, products and services for our clients. From facilitating meetings with bankers and clients, to preparing client communications, you’ll be the one to help deepen relationships while strengthening our brand. For more information on Capital One’s Commercial Bank, please visit http://www.capitalonecommercial.com.
The Treasury Management Sales Specialist focuses on developing service relationships with Not-For-Profit and Government Contract clients. Develops, markets, and administers existing account services and cross sells related financial services. This position works independently with a minimum of supervision from the team leader.
- Develops and maintains the company's relationships with contacts / customers to maintain and expand business.
- Makes regular calls on potential client companies in order to generate high quality Treasury Management and deposit business to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
- Meeting with customers through personal calling efforts, RM referrals and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can serve their needs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing in the market served.
- Plan the upcoming year's growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
- Sells treasury management services to corporate customers and prospects within a defined territory.
- Coordinating with Account Executives, Sales Specialist schedules and completes calls on existing customers and prospects in order to develop new treasury management business.
- Analyzes the cash position/flow and proposes appropriate services. Prepares and completes sales presentation.
- Prepares agreements, implementation documentation and procedures in order to establish new customers on the system.
- Performs timely follow-up concerning newly implemented treasury management services to ensure customer is satisfied and/or carefully understands the mechanics of the service.
- Meets with Account Executives to review their accounts and identify prospective customers for cash management services.
- Working with Marketing, reviews market research data to build prospect lists within industry types or geographic locations.
- Actively communicates and coordinates sales strategy with Senior and Executive Management within defined territory.
- Resolves operational problems reported by customers in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Responsible for reviewing monthly Account Analysis Statements in a timely manner to ensure newly implemented services are being properly charged.
- Assists Account Executives in understanding treasury management product risk and ensuring credit policies are applied throughout the sales cycle.
- Receives new product and product enhancement information/ training from Treasury Management's product staff.
- Ensures that Account Executives and other bank personnel, as appropriate, are aware of the company's treasury management services by developing and conducting internal training programs.
- Assists in the design of treasury management services by providing data from the market on strengths and weaknesses of existing services and new product needs not currently met.
- Assists the department manager in developing a sales strategy and in setting sales objectives.
- Maintains an awareness of trends and new developments in the field of treasury management through attendance at trade shows and related seminars. Maintains CCM certification.
- Provides monthly activity reports to track sales and revenue growth by market segment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, equivalent work experience, or Military Experience
- 3 Years of Treasury Management Sales experience
- 5 Years of Treasury Management Sales experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.